Reba R. Robertson Award - Drama Teachers Honor Roll
Engage □ Explore □ Empower
Recognizes EXCELLENCE in the important work of public high school theatre/drama teachers throughout the United States of America
Biennial - deadline
APPLICATION STEP ONE – Nomination.
2024 Nomination UPDATE INFORMATION: All nominations must be submitted via e-mail and received no later than TBA for the 2024 Award.
- Dr. Jo Beth Gonzalez, 2002 (fka Wilson Award)
- Dr. John Newman, 2008
- Julia Perlowski, 2010
- Kristi Fuller, 2012
- Holly Stanfield, 2014
- Art Almquist, 2016
- Adam Slee, 2018
- John Becthold, 2020
- Margo Hickman 2022
- MORE about these Recipients…
❤️Margo Hickman, theatre director at Jack Yates High School in The Houston Independent School District, is the 2022 recipient of the Childrens Theatre Foundation of America's Reba R. Robertson Award for an outstanding public high school drama teacher. ❤️MORE…
Hy Hetherington, of HLP Integration, LLC, has given a Corporate Sponsorship to Childrens Theatre Foundation of America to support CTFA's Reba R. Robertson Award Event.
The nomination must include:
1) A brief description of the relationship between the nominator and the nominee
2) Nominee’s name, email address, phone number, and name of the nominee's high school
3) A brief rationale for the nomination, with particular attention to the criteria listed in the nomination form. No self-nominations accepted.
Endowed by the Childrens Theatre Foundation and major gifts from the three sons of Mrs. Robertson: Mark, Stephen and Phillip, the first Robertson Award was made in 2008 with awards following every two years.
CTFA's Drama Teacher & Mentor Honor Roll donations support the Robertson Award and other CTFA events honoring teachers & mentors.