Reba R. Robertson Award - Nomination HONORING OUTSTANDING WORK IN PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL THEATRE EDUCATION
The biennial Reba R. Robertson Award recognizes EXCELLENCE in the important work of public high school theatre/drama teachers throughout the United States of America
The Reba R. Robertson Award features:
• $5000 to the honoree to use as he/she chooses for the purpose of expanding professional interests (for example: study with a master mentor, travel, research, develop learning tools)
• $1000 to the honoree’s school to enhance the high school theatre/drama program
• Two distinctive trophies, one for the honoree and one for the honoree’s school
• Transportation expenses up to $400 for the recipient to travel to the CTFA Medallion Awards Event
● A candidate must be a current public high school teacher with 5-8 years of service remaining.
● A candidate must demonstrate:
1. Dedication to guiding high school students through curricular, co-curricular, and/or extracurricular programming in the theatre arts
2. Exceptional mentoring qualities
3. Strong, ongoing commitment to dismantling institutional and structural racism as demonstrated by a focus on diversity, racial equity and inclusion, and the involvement of those that have been historically disadvantaged and socially and politically excluded based on race*
4. Artistic achievement, innovation and artistic excellence
5. Broad influence on school, community, state, region and beyond, as exhibited by the award’s namesake, Reba. R. Robinson
6. Use of the award to gain new experiences and grow as a theatre educator
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION - Nominations due November 1st, 2017
APPLICATION STEP ONE – Nomination.
All nominations must be submitted via e-mail and received no later than November 1, 2017. eMail to email@example.com
The nomination must include:
1) A brief description of the relationship between the nominator and the nominee
2) Nominee’s name and email address
3) A brief rationale for the nomination, with particular attention to the Award Criteria. No self-nominations accepted
APPLICATION STEP TWO – Application Materials. Once a nomination has been received, the Robertson committee will contact the nominee with information about the required application materials. Full application materials will be due February 15, 2018.
The 2018 Reba R. Robertson Award will be presented late July 2018 at the CTFA Corey Medallion event as part of the annual conference of the American Alliance for Theatre and Education (AATE), in Minneapolis, MN.
The Children’s Theatre Foundation of America (CTFA) challenges and supports theatre artists to achieve excellence in service to young people. We Value: - Children and Youth - The Art of Theatre - Excellence, Innovation and Diversity. See CTFA’s statement on racism & equity: www.childrenstheatrefoundation.org